1.5 hrs Troubleshooting for Glen Alex
Blog was getting error messages and would not post.
- Plugins: Error message suggested that plugins could be causing this. I deactivated plugins one by one and tested blog posting. No results. Plugins not the problem.
- Checked Elementor by trying to post with the WordPress editor. No results. Elementor not the problem.
- Created a test blog entering small amounts of text into the text editor at a time. Still had problems with any entries.
- Checked the hosting: Was on Deluxe hosting level...yet had a LearnDash installation and classes...stretching the limits of deluxe hosting, need to upgrade to ultimate hosting.
- Finally, found the problem: 3 images for this blog in the image library were 16mb, 16mb and 3mb. Too large. Causing the errors. I crunched the image in photoshop to 117kb and deleted the 3 large images from the library. WOOHOO! Problem fixed!
Suggested solutions to prevent this problem in the future:
- Upgrade from deluxe hosting to ultimate hosting
- Reduce images before you upload them.
- Replace any large images (> 1mb) in your library with reduced size image (as I did in this case).
- I will install the free Imagify image crunching plugin on your website and show you how to use it.
Total time for this troubleshooting: 1.5hrs @ $75/hr = $112